Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ask 4 a new Fl= no more climb/descend instructions

Locked   Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3
markvii
Post subject: Re: ask 4 a new Fl= no more climb/descend instructions
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:17 am

josden wrote:
Mark, I think it is clear for some time now that Dave has stopped developing Pfe. However, support is still given but when it comes to correcting bugs ... hm, I'm afraid there's very little hope.
PFE is still the best and most flexible ATC program out there, and I do believe nothing will come close to it in the near future. My only hope is that PFE would be given in the hands of a talented programmer who would be prepared to take over from Dave, just as he did once with Propilot. But that decision lies in the hands of Dave and nobody else.

Jos
Jos,

I do agree with you that PFE is probably the best ATC software out there.I love it.As far as there being little hope for correcting bugs I don't know. You are not the first person with those thoughts.

The way I see it is the software is on sale on Simmarket and when I bought it i did not see any disclaimer (you buy the software as is and it will not be fixed).As far as I'm concerned I paid for the software and Dave or whoever else fixes it asap.No ifs,No buts no nothing.

A bug was found over a month ago and the fact the they did not even schedule any work is not right, not fair and beyond ridiculous.A miserably inadequate attitude.

On reflection tho maybe I should not complain if the software will not be fixed.Before I buy any addon I always tell myself I need to do some resarch to make sure support/developer is decent, competent, reliable and with a solid reputation.

This time I did not and it shows.I'll consider it a mug punt. :(

Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Mark,
instead of bashing Dave March in this forum,have you e-mailed him directly with your concerns...i bet not!

Just to add....that is about the only bug that as been lying dormant if dormant is the right word,most other so-called "bugs" aren't bugs as such,but USER error...

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

maddog
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello Dave,
More than just one bug left
With all due respect, the fact that PFE gives the departure freq from EGSS as 120.68 is not user error.
There are many bugs in PFE/PF2000 that look like they will never be sorted which is a real shame.
A user should not have to consciously work around issues like this.
If the programmer is still happy to sell and receive income from this software, he should also be prepared to fix issues when they are reported in his support forum.
Or make a clear statement at the point of sale that the software is obsolete and will receive no further updates.

Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Just opened up Stansted frequency using notepad and there is no 120.68,where is it reading it from?

what scenery are you using std or 3rd party?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Dave March
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:36 pm
Site Admin

I never said I wasn't prepared or intending to fix any issue or add any new enhancements... all I said was I haven't scheduled any work yet. There are some similar programs that haven't had an update in 5 years!! Changing code to fix a problem isn't as easy as ABC. Once you make a change there has to be considerable regression testing because sure as eggs are eggs you will fix one thing and break two others.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

papy.rabbit.08
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:57 pm

I wanted to buy PFE, a friend of mine told me it was a good software... Luckily I looked a little bit on the forum before :S I'm sorry, but this post doesn't send any good advertisment

markvii
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:19 pm

>Just to add....that is about the only bug that as been lying dormant

Looks like the developer and the bug have been doing the same thing then.

>I wanted to buy PFE, a friend of mine told me it was a good software... Luckily I looked a little bit on the forum before :S I'm sorry, but this post doesn't send any good advertisment

Papy.rabbit, I think you're better off waiting...

Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:01 pm

@Papyrabbit08....Yes this is a minor bug,however it's not the "be all and end all"
If you wish to ascend quickly to your flight level,rather than wait for ATC to tell you,then yes,ATC will not give you anymore instructions.
If you wait and let ATC tell to climb too XXX,then you can ask for whatever FL you require after you reach it,normally ATC gives you final flight level within 10mins after departure,so this is not really a major problem.you can climb or descend as much as you like...

@markvii enough of your sarcasm in this forum,i have told you to take things up personally with Dave in the form of e-mail or PM

Just to add,i have been using Proflight since it came out in 1998 and 2000,so i was pleased when Dave ressurected it in the form of PFE, personally think it's far superior than other ATC addon.....

This topic is now being locked....

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Display: Sort by: Direction:
Locked   Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3
Jump to: