OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Run-Time error '5' after FS9 crashed...

Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Dillon
Post subject: Re: Run-Time error '5' after FS9 crashed...
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 am

FDC runs independent of FS9 meaning FS9 doesn't control it's stability. Yes FDC runs in tandem with FS9 and I'd give you some credence on a reinstall if FDC crashed only after FS9 was already running but FDC crashes with or without FS9 running. This problem actually has nothing to do with FS9 at this point. Yes the initial problem was related but the resulting issue is an application that won't start whether FS9 is running or not. With nothing else running on my system launching FDC results in a fault right after the splash screen. I can't get to the main menu with FDC anymore...

I like Dave March's approach because not all problems (in fact very few problems) require a complete reinstall of Windows and/or FS9. That's bad support advice when nothing else is faulting on one's system. Your talking quadruple the work reinstalling FS9 when this problem is independent of FS9. I'd go through all that work and get the same results from FDC (I guess next would be to reinstall Windows)... This is simple faulting file issue that can be easily resolved with a debugger file for FDC.

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 am

You have had support from all of us on here,yes it would be nice to wave a magic wand and repair whatever file is corrupted on your machine..we would all like that including me...
As for a system reinstall...sometimes that is the only option...
One more thing...we offer FREE support here,somethings we can easily identify and FIX,some other's are guess work,even Dave March and i have stated it sounds like a system file thats gone AWOL and they are hard to identify and fix.
So the scenery is buggy,i would ask for refund if it screws up your system,i certainly would
And finally....please do not come onto a forum and slate any help you are offered,it's more likely to get you less help in the future :x

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:26 pm

pasterke wrote:
Hi Dillon,

maybe something to try :

Go to your FDC folder and run the following:

PFE_V312_System.exe & Sysinfo_inst.exe
Hi Dillon,

you never replied to my suggestion : have you tried this ?

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:49 pm
Site Admin

Hi Dillon,
We complete our move on 26th of this month so hopefully I'll get onto sorting this issue out for you shortly after.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dillon
Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:44 pm

pasterke wrote:
pasterke wrote:
Hi Dillon,

maybe something to try :

Go to your FDC folder and run the following:

PFE_V312_System.exe & Sysinfo_inst.exe
Hi Dillon,

you never replied to my suggestion : have you tried this ?
Sorry Pasterke, I thought I'd responded to you. Yes I tried your suggestion and both options didn't resolve the problem on my end.

Thanks for the suggestion... ;)

dmarch wrote:
Hi Dillon,
We complete our move on 26th of this month so hopefully I'll get onto sorting this issue out for you shortly after.

Thanks Dave I really appreciate it. :)

Profile Quote
Dillon
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Latest update:

I decided to totally blow away my local Windows XP install and start from scratch. Now that I have everything back up and running I'm getting the same error from FDC. This is amazing because I'm using a totally new Hard Drive and all drivers are new with a fresh install of Windows and FS9. :shock:

Profile Quote
Dillon
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Dillon wrote:
Latest update:

I decided to totally blow away my local Windows XP install and start from scratch. Now that I have everything back up and running I'm getting the same error from FDC. This is amazing because I'm using a totally new Hard Drive and all drivers are new with a fresh install of Windows and FS9. :shock:
I'd like to amend this by saying I did allot of port overs from my original install of FS9 so there could be a problem with one of the files FDC access in FS9 that not updated with a full reinstall of Flight Deck Companion. I firmly believe this is not a WindowsXP issue but rather something corrupted in FS9 which a FDC debugger would vet out.

Profile Quote
Dillon
Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey Dave M., Any word on your status??? :| ;)

Profile Quote
Dillon
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:37 am

Thanks Dave March for the PM. I've had success getting FDC to run again under my new install of Windows 7 64bit. The problem does occur again if I try to install update 3.12.0. Windows 7 flagged me with .dll error stating I didn't have rights to access this file in the Windows directory. The file is 'C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll'. I'm just going to leave it at 3.11.0 and be done with it unless you guys otherwise tell me different. Windows 7 does have an over intrusive file security implementation. Even an Administrator can't open up many files within this OS. One has to add special permissions on files for full access to them, it doesn't happen by default.

For the record, changing the UAC (User Account Control Settings) does nothing to solve the access problem. Only trusted installers can access this .dll. Even though FDC.exe is trusted the auto installer is not.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:19 am
Site Admin

Well done and thanks for letting us know. Very strange how this doesn't appear to affect all win 7 users

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 4  [ 40 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4
Jump to: